Welcome to Takashi’s Japanese Dictionary (Takashionary)! This website introduces unique Japanese words and phrases in English. If you want to astonish your Japanese friends using advanced Japanese words, idioms or slang, this is the website for you. We also have our facebook page and twitter account. Please feel free to share this page with your friends!
Hello, I’m Takashi. I’m a native Japanese speaker and also an avid English learner. I’ve created this website to assist Japanese learners to talk with their friends more naturally and casually in Japanese. If you have any request, please send me a message via the Facebook page, or a contact page!
About Word Description
As you can see, each word is evaluated by a bipolar scaling method on a scale of 1 to 5. Here are the definitions of the both sides:
1. Word Level
- Basic: commonly used; it can be very useful to learn the word
- Advanced: occasionally used; people wouldn’t expect that non-natives know the word
- Standard: used by everyone regardless of their age
- Slang: used only among young people
- Formal: predominantly used in writing or speaking with older people
- Informal: predominantly used in SNS or a daily conversation among friends
I would like to thank my friends and English teachers for helping me write the English posts with a lot of fruitful advice.