Welcome to Takashi’s Japanese Dictionary (Takashionary)! This is an English website for learning Japanese and introduces intriguing and useful Japanese expressions (e.g. idioms, slang words) that are usually not taught in a textbook or language class. If you want to astonish your Japanese friends using advanced and quirky Japanese words, this is the website for you. Feel free to follow my social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) to keep yourself posted!
- Japanese Word of the Day (November 2021)
- Japanese Word of the Day (October 2021)
- 7 Quirky Ways of Saying/Writing よろしく (Yoroshiku) in Japanese
- Japanese Words and Onomatopoeias about Laugh (Warai)
- 5 Meanings of ペラペラ (pera pera) in Japanese
- Meaning and Usage of Japanese Bracketed Expressions, e.g. (笑), (棒)
- Meaning of 某 (bou) in Japanese and its Usage
- コスパ (kosupa) Means More than Just “Cost Performance”
- 鬼かわいい means “So cute”? Japanese Expressions about 鬼 (Oni)
Select a category to show its latest posts
Search on Takashionary
You can look up words by theme or keywords on Takashionary using the search box below. Once you submit your query, the links to the relevant posts will be shown here instantly (some Google ads may be displayed sometimes).
(e.g. “words about food/money/love”, “cat idiom”, “maji meaning”)